What does 20 years of waiting feel like?
My New Year’s resolution is to be less frustrated. But to tell you the truth, it is really hard not to be.
Why am I frustrated? Well get this – for over 20 years, I’ve been told that I am at the top of the list for health infrastructure spending. But here is the thing, I am still waiting to be funded. Think about that, I have been waiting for 20 years. To illustrate how long 20 years is, I thought I would compile a list of things that have happened in the world while I have been waiting.
- Apple has released the: iPod, iPad, iMac, and 7 versions of the iPhone – In the time dozens of gadgets have been invented and become obsolete, I’ve been waiting.
- YouTube was invented – Before you even knew what a cat video was, I was waiting.
- Five Star Wars movies have been released. I’ve been waiting longer than people have been making fun of Jar Jar Binks.
- Dolly the sheep. Remember that? That happened a long time ago. I was waiting then, I’m waiting now.
- Seinfeld went off the air, and I started waiting.
- And finally, think about this: I’ve been waiting for funding as long as Justin Bieber has been alive. If that doesn’t frustrate you, I don’t know what will.