The Future of the Royal Alex in 5 Easy Steps
As I’ve blogged (and vlogged) about many times already – you know I’m a hospital that’s been waiting for over 20 years to receive funding to be redeveloped. I’ve been at the top of the health care infrastructure spending list that whole time too! I am not writing this post to point the fingers of blame for my wait, rather today I want to talk about hope.
Truthfully I am hopeful, hopeful that my wait is almost over. So in preparation of being funded, here is my wish list for how I would update myself (drum roll, please).
- Construction of a new RAH Main Hospital – This is the big ticket item … I need a new 800 bed tower with additional surgical suites.
- Construction of a new Child and Adolescent Mental Health Facility – Children deserve the best facility possible for mental health care.
- Construction of a medical offices building – Can you believe I don’t have one of these?
- Upgrades to my District Utility Plant – My current system is at capacity!
- Demolition of the Women’s Pavilion, Children’s Pavilion, Community Services Centre and Renal Dialysis Building
A girl can dream, can’t she?
Care to cross your fingers with me?!